- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Copyright and Rights for Authors
- General Terms and Conditions of Use
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in OLA Quarterly provided he or she owns the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles may be previously published in another journal or book (print or electronic). If you have concerns about the submission terms for OLA Quarterly, please contact the editors.
Copyright and Rights for Authors
As a condition of publication in OLA Quarterly, all authors agree to the following terms of licensing/copyright ownership:
- OLA Quarterly retains a non-exclusive license to publish the work, but copyright for all work published in the journal is retained by the author(s).
- OLA is granted non-exclusive electronic representation and distribution rights to OLA Quarterly contents. OLA is granted the right to re-use text, photos and artwork in subsequent OLA Quarterly issues, with notification to the author(s), if possible.
- Authors are permitted to post their work online in institutional/disciplinary repositories or on their own websites. Pre-print versions posted online should include a citation and link to the final published version in OLA Quarterly as soon as the issue is available; post-print versions (including the final publisher's PDF) should include a citation and link to the journal's website.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the OLA Quarterly website and/or software agree not to misuse the OLA Quarterly service or software in any way.
The failure of OLA Quarterly to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between OLA Quarterly and the author(s) regarding submission of the article.